Re: Prince of Darkness vs. Dan's Book

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Prince of Darkness vs. Dan's Book
From: "Chip Jones" <cjones@zinniadesign.net>
Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2001 14:10:28 -0500
From: "Ken Waringa" <kwaringa@dynsys.com>
To: "Triumphs" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Sent: Thursday, April 12, 2001 1:44 PM
Subject: Prince of Darkness vs. Dan's Book

> The left turn signal on my 71 TR6 stopped working.  No surprise, after all
> it's 30 years old, just got to figure out why.  (The right signal works
just
> fine.)

Could it be the switch? My blinkers (both of them in my '69 gt6) began
working sporadically a couple of years ago. I took apart the turn signal
switch to find that age had cracked the circuit board on which the switch
was mounted and the that return spring was applying enough pressure to
misalign the switch contacts. Rather than by a new one I used cardboard and
JB weld fix it.

--Chip