Re: Preshrinking windscreen chrome plastic finisher

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Preshrinking windscreen chrome plastic finisher
From: "Nelson A. Riedel" <nriedel@nextek.net>
Date: Sat, 14 Apr 2001 00:03:03 -0400
Thanks for the input guys.  The strip I'm installing  was purchased from TRF
and has a 1987 invoice number.  (It may have been back ordered, but not that
long.)  It's been in the attic (120 F in summer, 0 or below in winter) so
any shrinkage due to temperature cycling should have taken place.

Adrian suggested that the strip may be stretched during installation and is
just returning to it's original length.  He suggested lubricating the strip
to help it regain its original form quickly and to let some spare hang out
for a few days.    I think I'll do that and also measure and monitor the
excess, and clip the excess after it has stopped shrinking.

| You could do what I did - buy it, misplace it in the garage for three
years, then find it and install it. Or perhaps there's a better