Re: Heritage Certificates and LUK clutches

To: "Triumph List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Heritage Certificates and LUK clutches
From: "John Macartney" <jonmac@ndirect.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2001 22:57:26 +0100
Ronnie Babbitt wrote:

List can someone please provide me with the link to order the heritage
> > certificates.

Bernd Ingelfinger provided contact details to obtain a certificate.
Phone and fax #'s were correct but if any lister wants to send me an
email at clubs@heritagemotorcentre.org.uk with details of:

Car make and model
Current trim and body colour
Current engine and commission numbers
Full name of owner and mail address
Current CC number, type and expiry date
Cost is GBP 25 (US$ 40 approx)

Note, if you don't have a commission number we can search on body and
engine numbers for some makes but this takes a lot longer to do and
costs GBP35.00.

I'll print out your message and give it direct to my colleagues in the
Archive who research the data. Please note I DON'T DO THIS WORK
MYSELF, I CAN'T ANSWER SPECIFIC QUERIES and I CAN'T UNDERTAKE PRELIM
RESEARCH. This is just an offer for those who prefer to use email.
There is no email facility to the archive for very specific reasons
and the website does not *yet* have an on-line input facility. Whole
website under total rework.

Re. LUK clutches. I spoke at length with LUK in the UK recently
regarding 3in1 kits for Stags as LUK bought the Laycock company and
its related tooling. Injected TR's and Stags used the Laycock clutch
as original equipment  and IMHO, the LUK product is probably the best
you can get. I believe a special set up with TRF exists for TR and
Stag units. NFI and probably a bit more expensive but quality usually
costs extra.

Jonmac