Re: Front Wheel Bearing TR6 Summary

To: "Triumph List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Front Wheel Bearing TR6 Summary
From: "Graham Stretch" <technical@iwnet.screaming.net>
Date: Sun, 15 Apr 2001 12:01:09 +0100
Hi Peter
I have been working on cars for years but you have posted a couple of tips I
didn't know! Yes you are on the right track with the end float, I have been
setting mine to 5 lb ft and pinning at the nearest hole back but I guess it
probably works out about the same as your method. Wait a week or two for it
all to settle then re-check is good.
I would say you did well even for a first time go slow, repairing things on
cars outside of a commercial setting, like you for yourself is not about how
fast but how thorough you can be!
How is your confidence in yourself now? You should feel good having cracked
that problem, what do you plan next!
Keep up the good work, and thanks for the tips.

Graham,
1967 1300 FWD
1968 2000 Saloon
1972 2.5PI Saloon