Re: tr6 clicking sound

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: tr6 clicking sound
From: Steve Daniels <sdaniels@gorge.net>
Date: Sun, 15 Apr 2001 19:52:13 -0700
On Sun, 15 Apr 2001 22:48:09 EDT, Crazeecooter@aol.com wrote:

>I have recently noticed a very disting "click" sound when ever I begin to
>accelerate from a stop sign or other stand still position.  I believe the
>sound is coming from the rear right side of the car.  I think I also here a
>"chick chick chick" sound coming from that area in the lower gears and when I
>turn the wheel to the right.
>
>Any ideas?

Know any good welders?

The TR6's frame is too weak where the differential attaches to
it, and after a few hundred thousand starts and stops, a crack
develops.

I have an explanation and a template for some mending plates that
need to be welded into the affected area.  I'll mail it to you
separately, if you like.