Re: TR6 Carb Damper Oil

To: triumphs@autox.team.net p qcorp.net> (Bill.Williams@compaq.com)
Subject: Re: TR6 Carb Damper Oil
From: Mark J Bradakis <mjb@autox.team.net>
Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2001 11:34:00 -0600 (MDT)
I imagine you might be getting one or two comments about this.  The easiest
choice is to use whatever oil you use in the engine.  This should give you
reasonable results.  Some folks prefer a lighter weight oil, which gives less
damping but quicker response.

I myself use air tool oil, which is fairly light.  Mostly I use it due to
having it on hand in a container that makes it easy to put in.

Chances are the rubber seal around the adjusting screw is shot, so you are
going to have to keep an eye on the oil level in that carb.   Until you replace
the seal, the oil will dribble down the needle and get sucked into the carb.
Not really a big deal in the amounts involved, and depending on how quickly it
leaks, it may not be that much of an annoyance.

mjb.