Shabby 69 TR6 for sale in Northern VA.

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Shabby 69 TR6 for sale in Northern VA.
From: Scott Tilton <sdtilton@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2001 14:36:42 -0700 (PDT)
I was up at a local British Car place in Chantilly VA, and a guy pulled up in a
TR-6. He had come to talk to the shop owner about selling the car for him.  It
actually belongs to his sister (in-law?) who lives elsewhere and has no
interest in the car any more.

Unfortunately, I only had a few seconds to talk to him, and look at the car, so
I know very little about it.

I do know that it is a 1969 model, and that although it seemed to run well
enough when he pulled up, it had lots of DPO repairs that were evident on the
outside.  (Ignition key coming out of the dash where the gauge light rheostat
belongs, "horn" button attached to the underside of the dash, rear plate lamp
bought at Trac-Auto and bolted on to the bumper.  That kind of thing.

I did notice that it had the correct 1969 seats, and the steel wheels had 3
large protruding studs . . . which I think are used to hold on the old Rostyle
wheel covers.  (none of which were on the car)

It didn't have the correct '69 steering wheel though.

Anyway . . . unless there are some very nice surprises under the hood or under
the carpets. . . I doubt that the guy is going to get much for the car.

I was wondering if there was a market for the 69 seats and wheels though?

I'm sure I can track the guy down if someone is very interested. . . and needs
them for a restoration.

Just let me know.

Scott
http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/