Re: Webers in Co. (WAS: Performance upgrades... )

To: Tinker Mechanic <speedbuggy65@hotmail.com>, Triumph <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Webers in Co. (WAS: Performance upgrades... )
From: Steven Newell <steven@cravetechnology.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2001 16:13:48 -0600
Tinker Mechanic wrote:

> I'm curious about how much trouble I'm going to have if I take a TR with
> weber downdrafts to Breckenridge CO in August.
>
> The car runs OK now I guess. What happens at 9000 feet though?
> Am I going to need to take along some different jets or emulsion tubes?
> Or is that too much work to do to tune a car for a week long visit to high
> altitudes?

Tinker, you could ship it to me for a few months and I'll see how it runs
and get back to you. I'll drive all through the Rockies if I have to, to get
you a good answer. ;-)

When I moved here from Ohio, I didn't rejet the two-barrel Weber on
my '72 BMW 2002, just leaned the mixture -- a whole lot. To pass
emissions, I set it as lean as it would go. Funny part was, I only had
trouble twice: the two times we went skiing at Breck. The car stalled
each time we pulled up to the upper parking lot at the base of Peak 8,
likely the highest point on the trip.

--
Steven Newell
Denver, CO