TR-6 Dashpad

To: "Triumph" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR-6 Dashpad
From: "Patrick Bitton" <pbitton@axess.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2001 19:01:31 -0400
Hello group,

I recieved my dashpad last week and decided today to attack the job. There
seems to be a slight problem though.
The ashtray cut out does not align well. I tried forcing the pad forward to
try and align it, but the front of the dash pad keeps raising. I noticed
that by lifting the front lip, the foam seems to be the problem. I don't
know if I should trim the foam a bit so that the dashpad can align properly.
Has anyone experienced this before? I have tried everything. Even went out
and bought clamps to see if it would stay in place, but no dice.

Please help,

Patrick