Fuel Leak

To: "Triumphs" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Fuel Leak
From: "Sumner Weisman" <sweisman@gis.net>
Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2001 19:25:44 -0400
I finally discovered the source of the gasoline odor in the garage that has
been driving SWMBO nuts.  I looked everywhere under the hood but everything
was dry.  Getting under the car, I found the area under the gas tank wet
with fresh gas.  (Let's see, a new tank is about $350, but Eastwood has a
sealer kit -- what a hassle!)  The gas line leaves the tank, goes toward the
front of the car, and then bends back upward and is clipped to the bottom of
the tank for support.  The wet area was right at the clip.  (Gee -- maybe
it's only a cracked fuel line.  Could I be so lucky?)   Carefully separating
the two, I found that it was a crack in the line, not the tank.  Whew!  I
had some 5/16 fuel line, so it was repaired in 15 minutes.  I must be living
right.

Sumner Weisman
62 TR3B TSF263L