Su carb update

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Su carb update
From: "Ronnie Babbitt" <rbtr3a@home.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2001 22:40:26 -0400
Listers,

Here is what I found.
1)    I centered the butterfly by loosening it's screws and operating the
throttle several times until it closed solid. Verified seal
using bright light. The only visible light that was present was where the
shaft enters the carb's body.
2)    Additional tension was added to the front carb's throttle spring  by
turning the spring one half revolution.
3)    Reinstalled carb, same idle condition, fast idle with idle screws backed
out.  Discovered that the linkage to the front carb was           hanging up
on the carb's body. The horizontal throttle linkage needed to be
turned/screwed in therefore shortening                        it's  length .
The shortened length caused  the cam  lever to pull down on the vertical
throttle link, which is attached to                     the  throttle shaft.
After adjusting  the horizontal and  vertical linkage, I loosened the throttle
lever (this is the lever which                 attaches the  carb to the
vertical link) and set it to insure that the throttle was fully closed.

        The combination of the above solved the excessive fast idle on the
front carb I now have to fine tune and verify setup.

Thank you for the suggestion and replies
Ronnie Babbitt