TR3 Nose distance question

To: "TRlist" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR3 Nose distance question
From: "Pat" <pleask@mailhost.wlc.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2001 19:18:55 -0700
The brackets that hold the rectangular tubing support of the nose section
(Back of the nose and JUST in front of the front of the hood), that
stretches from the left inner fender to the right inner fender. What is the
gap size between the back of the welded on support (on to the inner fenders
that holds this nose bracket) and the front of the hood please ? Basically,
how far away are these welded on brackets from the front of the hood.

My drivers side bracket (Welded onto the inner fender) gap is about 1/8"
from the front of the hood and the passenger side is about 3/8". So as you
can see they are not even, I fear this will cause me grief when fitting the
nose section.

Have any of you had this ?
What did you do to fix it ?
I fear it will skew my nose fit to the front of the hood....

BTW, the hood is not the correct one for the tub. Yikes, but it is all I
have....

Where the heck is the over flow bottle for the radiator mounted ?

Thanks, Pat