TR6 Rack & Pinion Gaiter

To: "'triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR6 Rack & Pinion Gaiter
From: "Williams, Bill (Atlanta)" <Bill.Williams@compaq.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2001 08:19:06 -0500
Hello All,

Thanks for the many responses on the carb damper oil question.

I've had my '74 TR6 less than a week and I trying to rectify some of the
problems I've found.  I currently have on order the Bentley and Haynes
service manuals.

Last night, I noticed that one of my rubber gaiters, on the rack and pinion
unit, has a crack.  Having not received my services manuals as of yet, I'm
trying to figure out if the gaiters are easy to replace without special
tools, or is it best to have my LBC shop do the work?  If it needs to go
into the shop, are we talking major dollars?

Thanks,

Bill
Atlanta
74 TR6