Vendor posts (was : TR4A Flexible Steering Coupling)

To: Randall Young <ryoung@NAVCOMTECH.COM>
Subject: Vendor posts (was : TR4A Flexible Steering Coupling)
From: David Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2001 18:59:46 -0400
Cc: "[unknown]" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Message text written by Randall Young
>Perhaps I should call for a 'show of hands' : If someone (not a vendor)
posts that they cannot find a part, does anyone have any objection to a
vendor posting "We have those in stock" ?
<

Not I.  If it is requested information then it is appropriate.  Spam is
when a vendor comes on unsolicited.  Our purpose is to share knowledge and
if parts supply is the issue then an answer from a vendor (short and sweet)
is a legitimate answer.

But bashing the competition is gounds for banishment!  ;-)

Dave Massey