TR3--Unusual wheels

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR3--Unusual wheels
From: Rikrock@aol.com
Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2001 10:05:26 EDT
Listers,

I looked at a TR3 the other day that was advertised in one of those free
"PennySaver"-type publications.

A guy was selling a TR3 rolling chassis, some spare parts included, for $150.
 I called the number, he tells me that among the spares are four steel disc
wheels that have been modified to fit on wire wheel hubs.

Okay, I'm interested.  Hook up the trailer and head over there. The frame was
straight, but man was it rusty.  Not just in spots, but all over.  The entire
frame, and everything attached to it had a uniform coating of  VERY HEAVY
"surface" rust.  The metal was THIN!!  I'm not sure it could hold up to
sandblasting!

The four custom wheels-------Someone had cut out the centers of the steel
disc wheels and replaced them with  the centers from wire wheels.  Yep, they
removed the wires from the center hub on the wire wheels and welded that hub
into the center of the disc wheel.  Man, did these things look funky!  No
telling how out of whack they are, and I might never know, because I didn't
buy anything!

Now, if someone else wants to step up to the plate..........

Rich Rock
Pottstown, PA