Seeking suggestions for transporting a TR-6

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Seeking suggestions for transporting a TR-6
From: Steve M <slavik944@metconnect.com>
Date: 20 Apr 2001 10:21:21 -0700
Greetings all, for those of you who dont recall I purchased a TR-6 which is
currently in Houston.

It currently doesnt run and I'm seeking ways to have it transported to Belen
NM.  The CO and the person who has it in storage for me is willing to let me
borrow his car trailer to transport it but my only ride is a Porsche 914.
Besides that I live in NY, and it would be somewhat inconvenient to borrow a
truck schlep myself out to Houston borrow the trailer schlep the car and the
trailer back then bring the trailer the 1000 miles back to its rightful owner.

I asked U-Haul about pricing on trucks they want about 400 bucks for a truck
for 3 days I think.
DAS quoted me about 600+ bucks with stipulations which I dont recall.

So basically its becoming a PITA to try to figure out a semi affordable way to
get this car to Belen, NM.

So does anyone have an affordable suggestion?
Or is willing to volunter their services for around 4 bills to drive the 1000
odd miles?
Perhaps someone just happens to be heading west from Houston and just happens
to have a truck and car trailer with them?

Thanks all,
Steve M