TR3 Cold starting problems

To: "'triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR3 Cold starting problems
From: "McEwen, Art" <Art.McEwen@moh.gov.on.ca>
Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2001 16:34:50 -0400
Forgive me if this is a repeat post but I didn't see my last posting (or any
answers) on the digest:

Every spring and fall I have the same problem: it's warm enough during the
day to make me want to drive the TR3 but it's cool & damp in the morning so
the damn thing won't start, or if it does start it won't idle on the choke
until it's fully warm (once the revs start to drop, extra pedal won't help).
It seems to be worse if it's not driven daily, so I'm suspecting the fuel is
draining away from the carbs.

In another month it will start just fine but not while it's below say 50f
overnight.  Any ideas?

Art McEwen
'60 TR3A  TS64989LO

Kingston Ontario