Re: Rover 3.5 stumbles

To: "R. Ashford Little II" <ralittle2@mindspring.com>, "Triumphs@autox. team. net" <Triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Rover 3.5 stumbles
From: "David Greed" <greed@wave.co.nz>
Date: Sat, 21 Apr 2001 20:15:20 +1200
Ashford

I feel I must correct you here...

The Stag does not run a 3.5 Rover motor - well not in standard form anyway.
FYI, they run a Triumph designed 3.0 litre OHC V8, iron block with alloy
heads and unique to the Stag

However, to make a suggestion... have you checked the condition of the spark
plug leads? If these are getting a little old, and therefore showing high
resistance, the symptoms you mention will show. Happened on my 2500S
recently - new leads did the trick. Fairly generic problem across all motors

Regards

David Greed
1974 Stag Man O/D
1979 2500S Man O/D