Fun with a simple question...

To: "Triumph List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>, <spitfires@autox.team.net>, <Herald948@aol.com>
Subject: Fun with a simple question...
From: "Scott A. Roberts" <herald1200@home.com>
Date: Sat, 21 Apr 2001 04:38:27 -0400
Hi Everybody....
In the interest of the humor of the situation, and to destress, I have
decided to send a transcript of the interesting e-mail debate I am having
with Rimmer this week.

Having found myself unprepared for the (what I consider high) shipping rate
surprises, I decided to be forewarned, and get an estimate of the price.
Just a simple ballpark figure.  Enjoy the following:(I deleted the order
listing itself, as it was long, and un necessary. Also, I edited from my
letters a little some unnecessary info. But Rimmer's replies are unedited.)

"From: Scott A Roberts
Customer Number
re: Our Conversation of 12/13 April

Hi Chris-
Here are the two orders I will be placing in the near future. Please
tell  me what the totals will be for shipping on each order.
First Order-
Second Order-

I hope my listing here is not too confusing!
Please send the shipping costs at your earliest convenience.

Scott A. Roberts

Reply received:
Thanks for the e-mail please advise if you have a fax in order to receive
the two quotes required.
Please also note RH5245LHD is special order and will require full payment
in order to place in the supplier manufacturing schedule.
Regards
Rimmer Brothers Ltd.

My response:

Sir,
Thank you for your assistance, unfortunately I do not have easy access to a
fax, so an e-mail would be preferred.
Yours,
Scott

The reply from them:

Thanks for the reply unfortunately our system can not attach quote files,
perhaps it would be easier to post or call to discuss.
Regards
Rimmer Brothers Ltd.

My most recent response:

If you could simply reply to my e-mail along the lines of "shipping for
order one will be approximately 'X' (amount) in GBP, and shipping for order
two will be approximately 'X'(amount) in GBP" that would be most adequate
for my purposes.

Thankyou again,
Scott"

I wonder what they will respond with next...All I wanted was a simple
figure- not a "quote file" C'mon guys...Type it in and send it!... :}

I just thought I would share some of this!

Scott
64 Herald/Sports 1200 Convertible
http://www.homestead.com/herald1200