TR3 fuel shutoff

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR3 fuel shutoff
From: "Roy" <techman@metrolink.net>
Date: Sat, 21 Apr 2001 23:55:33 -0400
In the mid-1970's my 1959 TR3 had a fuel shutoff valve located on the driver
side fender wall in the engine compartment. It was about the size of a 35mm
film canister. You pushed on a knob and turned it to either shutoff or turn
on the ability for fuel to flow to the fuel pump.

I viewed it as a theft deterrent because when the the valve was closed, you
could start the car and get maybe 1 block before running out of fuel. I know
this because a few times I forgot to turn it on before driving away.

I have not seen this valve in any TR3 I have looked at since then. Nor do I
recall seeing it in Pigott's TR book.

Does anyone else have this valve in their car?

Roy
'60 TR3 TS63103LO (in restoration)
techman@metrolink.net