Re: TR3 fuel shutoff

To: "Bob Labuz" <yellowtr@borg.com>, "Roy" <techman@metrolink.net>
Subject: Re: TR3 fuel shutoff
From: "Fred Thomas" <vafred@erols.com>
Date: Sun, 22 Apr 2001 12:02:15 -0400
Cc: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Bob, the problem with these valves is you have to soak the cork gasket in
water or oil first, then the secret is you must turn the slotted screw in
the center of the top round knob down very tight to expand the cork plug, so
tight it is almost impossible to move the cut-off up or down, I have this on
my car for 8 years now, once I learned about tightening it down, never a
leak again.  "FT"