TR6 Brakes

To: "STEVE ROHAL" <SROHAL@cfl.rr.com>
Subject: TR6 Brakes
From: David Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Sun, 22 Apr 2001 21:55:57 -0400
Cc: "[unknown]" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Message text written by "STEVE ROHAL"
>Again I ask for your help! I've been bleeding my newly rebuilt brakes on
my
74' TR6 and am not getting the "dimly glowing oil light and brake failure "
lights. Have reset the PDWA twice, bled all bubbles out, pedal seems pretty
hard, by the way, does the pedal ever get rock solid?, and still no dimly
glowing lights. Any feedback?
<

Yes.  everything is normal.  When you switch on the ignition but before you
start the engine you have no oil pressure.  The oil pressure switch
activates the oil pressure light and the brake warning light.  This is
normal.  This function gives you a way to verify that the brake warning
light is functional (not burned out).  When you start and get oil pressure
the switch opens and the lights go out.

If the PDWA is tripped it will provide a shorter path to ground for the
brake warning light and it will burn brightly - regardless of the oil
pressure switch.  This is your indication that there is something wrong
with the brakes and to see your friendly neighborhood Standard-Triumph
dealer.

Cheers

Dave