Oil Coolers teamfat2.dsl.aros.net id f3NHkSR10784

To: Triumph Email List <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Oil Coolers teamfat2.dsl.aros.net id f3NHkSR10784
From: Paul Brandsema <lbc61tr4@usa.net>
Date: 23 Apr 2001 11:46:10 MDT
Has anyone had any experience with oil coolers for a TR4?  Moss sells one and
lists it as easy to install.  Are they, and do they make a difference.  I'm
considering since my oil pressure drops after the car is driven for about 15
minutes.  Till then it runs about 60 - 65 lbs at around 65 mph.  Then it drops
to around 50.  At idle it drops from 40 to 20.  Would cooling the oil help?
On the same subject of cooling, I seem to be having a problem with vapor lock.
 After driving for a while (30 minutes or more), if I slow down (that's the
problem!), in town for a light, I've stalled a couple of times.  Getting
restarted involves pressing the gas pedal to the floor until it turns over.
I've been told that I may need to insulate the steel fuel line between the
pump and the carbs.  Any experience with this?

Thanks,
Paul Brandsema
61 TR4  CT133

ps.  Anyone on the list planing on attending "The Gathering" in WS, NC this
weekend?