TR6 Tunnel Top Side Cover

To: "Martin Secrest" <msecrest@erols.com>
Subject: TR6 Tunnel Top Side Cover
From: David Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2001 14:15:35 -0400
Cc: "[unknown]" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Message text written by "Martin Secrest"
>I don't know what else to call this piece.  It's the fiber board, a
vinyl-covered elongated piece that clips into the vertical center support
over
the tunnel.  It's just there to hide wires and crap underneath the dash.

My problem is, I don't know what is supposed to support this piece at the
back.  Who can enlighten me?  Right now I've got a small child from the
neighborhood holding it in place for 50 cents an hour, but he's getting
weary.
<

Martin,  That young child, if he were not holding your (what are they
called?  Kidney pads, knee pads, Speaker grills if you had speakers) he
would be picking your apples and throwing them at the cows.  So he's better
off where he is.  Builds character anyway.

Seriously, though, there is a metal bracket that reaches from one to the
other witha 90 degree bend on each end and a U-clip for a sheetmetal screw
through each panel.  This bracket ties them together so that they won't
fall out.  If one were to fall out it would have to pull the other one
through and it won't fit.

Answer #2: The tunnel has little metal brackets riveted on that accept a
sheetmetal screw for securing the panel at that point.  This is the set up
I have in my car but I make no claims as to authenticity.  I believe my 74
had the first set-up (I sold that car 2 1/2 years ago) and that car was
quite original.

Bottom line, if you do not have the brackets on the transmission tunnel I
would get a piece if metal strap and cut and bend and make the link
descibed above.

Good luck and tell your young nieghbor to do his homework.  ;-)

Dave