TR6 pressure plate differences

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR6 pressure plate differences
From: Rob Pennington <robp@ncsa.uiuc.edu>
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2001 11:16:24 -0500
Well, I find that I have several different new pressure plates (and other
clutch pieces) and am trying to figure out what the differences are.

I have
1 LUK pressure plate with straight fingers (labelled LUK stamped into the
metal), no clutch disk.
1 B&B approved pressure plate (labelled LC 03JR 003B stamped in and B16 and
5D39 in white letters) with crooked fingers at the ends where the TO
bearing sits.  This one has a new clutch disk with it.
1 Unknown pressure plate with smoothly curved fingers that curve up to the
same height as the B&B clutch.  This one is labelled Made In Great Britain,
QY13039.  I believe this one may have come from VB with the clutch disk and
TO).

I have a B&B disk/pressure plate/TO in the TR6 now but put it in two years
ago and don't remember what the fingers looked like.  I'm curious about the
B&B pressure plate, particularly if this is the competition version that
Moss has listed in their catalog.  If it is, it might be worth putting in
sometime since the one that is in there now doesn't seem to really be up to
the job of holding the disk against the flywheel as firmly as I would like.

Rob