oil pan gasket

To: "Fred Thomas" <vafred@erols.com>
Subject: oil pan gasket
From: "Sumner Weisman" <sweisman@gis.net>
Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2001 09:10:20 -0400
Cc: "Triumphs" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Fred,

I have had good luck with Permatex Aviation Form-A-Gasket, Part No. 3H.
But heck, you know much more about that stuff than I do.  As far as the
gasket goes, I replaced mine with a heavy cardboard type, and it still leaks
a little.  I'd go with the cork, and soak it first like you do with the carb
gaskets.  If I do mine again, that's what I would do.

Sumner Weisman