SUMMARY Re: Seat Belt Replacements (TR6)

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: SUMMARY Re: Seat Belt Replacements (TR6)
From: "Robert M. Lang" <lang@isis.mit.edu>
Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2001 10:54:27 -0400 (EDT)
Hi,

I got about ten responses to my query. Thankyou all.

The consensus is that the Securon belts work okay - several respondees use
those. Apparently available from Vicky Brit.

Moss replied indicating that the 222-005 is basically a bolt in
replcement, but not nearly as sensitive to fitment orientation as the
others availble from other sources.

My observation: If you are putting these into a non-TR6 TR, then some work
(reinforcing/drilling) will be required.

Moss is working on getting a better photograph of the inertia reel belt so
that it is more clear that it's a bolt in replacement for the orignal.

I'm going to be placing an order with my local Moss reseller in the next
few days. Hopefully, I'll never have to "test" these belts.

Thanks all!
rml