Kai's battery problem

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Kai's battery problem
From: "Theodore R. Stevens" <stevens@erols.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2001 10:56:21 -0400
Cc: kmr@pil.net
David Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com> replied to Kai Radicke:

KR>>Well after an embarrassing incident during inspection a few weeks
KR>>ago I have finally decided to figure out why my TR6's battery is dead
KR>>every morning.
[snip]

DM>[snip] the only explaination is that there is a load still on.
DM>Check your trunk light and your glove box light. Then check the
Anti-run-on valve.
[snip]
I second David's suggestion about the anti-run-on valve.  I had a battery
drain that took about forever to find.  It ended up being one of the
connectors on the oil pressure sensor, that goes to the anti-run-on
valve.  It, being copper, apparently cold-worked from vibration and
cracked.  It looked fine, but was VERY loose on the spade connector.  In my
case I knew it was something to do with the anti run-on valve when, walking
by the car minutes after turing it off, I heard a series of clicks from the
front of the car.  A new spade connector on the oil pressure sensor fixed
the drain.
--
Ted Stevens     stevens@erols.com
74 TR6          Gaithersburg, MD