RE: More random questions-

To: "Freeman, Noah" <Noah.Freeman@Bain.com>, triumphs <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: More random questions-
From: Brian Sanborn <sanborn@net1plus.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2001 13:12:38 -0400
>Question #1- my car makes a clicking/ticking noise- at idle, about 2x per
>second, very regular clicking noise, higher frequency of clicks when turning
>over faster, somewhat high pitched, easy to hear over the motor idling
>noise.  Perhaps coming from the right frontish.  PO thought it was a damaged
>bearing in the generator.  Everything is working great though... Thoughts?

The generator rear bush needs periodic oiling.  use an oil can with a long
neck and feed a little oil into the hole in the center of the rear center bump
in the generator.  There is felt behind it that will soak up some oil... so
don't squeeze out a lot... it will just end up on the floor or the exhaust
pipe.

>Question #2- Where did you all get your estimates for your insurance? My
>insurance comapny wants one for the collision coverage- (I know about the
>probs with stated value etc etc, but im doing my best.) where did you get
>your estimates?

I used a guy in Fitchburg that is a formal classic auto appraiser.  Look in
the Yellow Pages under Automobile Appraisal

Brian Sanborn
62 TR4  CT16260L-O - Groton, MA

My TR4 Restoration Web Site
http://www.net1plus.com/users/sanborn