Re: More random questions-

To: Noah.Freeman@bain.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: More random questions-
From: ArthurK101@aol.com
Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2001 16:13:17 EDT
In a message dated 26-Apr-01 18:40:36 Eastern Daylight Time,
Noah.Freeman@Bain.com writes:

> Question #1- my car makes a clicking/ticking noise- at idle, about 2x per
> second, very regular clicking noise, higher frequency of clicks when turning
> over faster, somewhat high pitched, easy to hear over the motor idling
> noise.  Perhaps coming from the right frontish.  PO thought it was a damaged
> bearing in the generator.  Everything is working great though... Thoughts?

Take a hollow tube, put it on the rear of the generator and listen through
it.  If that is where the clicking is coming from - then oil the bearing
through the little hole there.  If that doesn't fix it then take the
generator out and take it to a generator repair shop.  They can install a new
bearing for you.

Art Kelly '64 TR4 CT33118L (original owner/factory pickup)