TR6 Head gasket

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR6 Head gasket
From: "STEVE ROHAL" <SROHAL@cfl.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 29 Apr 2001 19:02:36 -0400
Listers;
I appeal to the collective wisdom of the list again! I recently rebuilt my TR6
engine and have run it maybe 2 hours. Retorqued the head and it seems to run
fine except that I'm getting a slow and minor seep of oil from what appears to
be the block/head gasket junction at 1-2 places. Head is torqued to 70 lbs.
-will upping this to 80 help?  Should I have used any gasket sealer on the
head gasket? Original service manual did not mention using anything, so I
didn't.
Any comments would be appreciated.

Steve Rohal
74' TR6 CF23026UO