RE: 75 TR6 Radiator Top Hose

To: "TAYLOR,KEITH M (HP-Corvallis,ex1)" <keith_m_taylor@hp.com>, " 'Triumphs'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: 75 TR6 Radiator Top Hose
From: "Eric Conrad" <conrade@qwest.net>
Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2001 16:12:46 -0600
I believe you are actually supposed to have the "bent" tube as you indicated
you received from Moss.  I have a '76, and do have the "bent" top tube
coming out of the radiator.  Review your catalogs, tell the parts warehouses
that you have a later TR6, and they should have the proper top rubber molded
hose.  I purchased mine from TRF, and they did have the proper hose.

Eric
CF52678U
The connecting tube for the top hose is different enough that I can't use my
old top hose. The old (original) connection was a straight tube coming out
of the radiator tank (like the picture in the Moss catalog!!!). The
replacement radiator tube comes out and turns 90 degrees toward the
centerline of the car.