Re: 3 ZSs

To: "Triumph List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: 3 ZSs
From: "Graham Stretch" <technical@iwnet.screaming.net>
Date: Tue, 1 May 2001 23:44:37 +0100
Hi Mark
Your car came with Strombergs and not the Petrol Injection system because of
emissions regulations, there would have been little point in fitting the
SU's which can have a problem at idle with too much CO, as witnessed by the
fact there is a special dispensation for the MOT test here, where if the
HC's pass you can run the engine at up to 2000 rpm to see if the CO will
pass.
I think the 3 ZS's was for a special Australian market 2000 sedan, it was
marketed as the 2000 Director I think

Graham,
1967 1300 FWD
1968 2000 Saloon