Re: help TR3A rheostats

To: HAMILTON DOUG <douglasehamilton@home.com>, Triumphs <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: help TR3A rheostats
From: Pat Mullen <pmullen@telus.net>
Date: Wed, 02 May 2001 12:48:02 -0700
Doug,

I have a 1959 TR3A USA model and many years ago I bought a new 1956 TR3
Canadian model.
Neither has a dimmer for the panel lights. I believe the dimmer was
added for 1960 and subsequent years.
My 1959 car has a heater rheostat which measures between 0.4 (fast) and
2.6 (slow) ohms on my digital multimeter and somewhere around 2-4 ohms
(slow) on an old analog multimeter with an erratic battery. Its shaft is
shorter than that of my panel light switch (which has no rheostat).
So I wd guess your 3 ohm rheostat is for the heater.

Hope this helps....... Pat Mullen TS43208L