Re: help TR3A rheostats

To: Randall Young <ryoung@NAVCOMTECH.COM>, "triumphs@autox.team.net" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: help TR3A rheostats
From: HAMILTON DOUG <douglasehamilton@home.com>
Date: Wed, 02 May 2001 12:13:51 -0600
Randall,
I've got the later switches both have the hex shafts, the dimmer has the
long shaft and the heater has a short shaft. The problem is I took them
apart to clean them and the ceramic backs that contain the coils are
different resistance but look the same and I've mixed them up. I even
took them apart in two different trays on my work bench to keep the
parts separate but the phone rang while I was cleaning the backs and I
put them down together and don't know for certain which is which. And
after glass beading 40 years of dirt off them there is no markings to
tell them apart.
If anyone out there has one of these switches out of the car and could
measure the resistance of it at full scale I can figure out which is
which.

thanks in advance
Doug Hamilton
60 TR3A TS70001L