3a frame central box

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: 3a frame central box
From: a Wallace <wallaces@superaje.com>
Date: Sat, 05 May 2001 08:52:55 -0400
Yesterday I asked:
"what is the purpose of the smaller hole beside the one for the
exhaust?"  ...&tc.

Last night I discovered that there is a smaller hole in the front side too.
It was so perfectly filled with oil/grease/road dirt goo that it presented
as a solid wall i.e. I didn't see it.

But - it is on the right, whereas the rear one is on the left. I am sure
therefore that it must be for air to blow through and around the exhaust
pipe to keep the inside of the box from overheating.

I did receive a number of replies to my query. The winner is: T.R. Householder!

Thanks everyone. I will leave the hole open.
Jim