Re: Battery Group

Subject: Re: Battery Group
From: Randall Young <randallyoung@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 05 May 2001 13:45:48 -0700
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Jim :

Battery group number is primarily a physical size issue, I believe
either Group 24 or 27 will fit your TR4A, with room to spare.  All other
things being equal (construction, number of plates, etc.), a Group 27
will have slightly more capacity than a 24.  In theory, a larger
capacity battery should last a little longer, so I usually buy a Group
27 if the price is the same.

If your car is still wired for positive ground, then the white wire goes
to the "-" terminal.  If it's still wired for negative ground, the white
wire goes to the "+" terminal.

Randall
59 TR3A daily driver