Re: Vibration in a 76 TR6

To: Dane Connell <connells@intrepid.net>
Subject: Re: Vibration in a 76 TR6
From: Jim Davis <jh_davis@mindspring.com>
Date: Sun, 06 May 2001 07:26:10 -0400
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Dane,
I had a similar vibration that occurred at 70 mph. As you did, I
replaced and triple checked everything that had to do with wheels and
steering, u-joints and half shafts until I discovered the problem; an
out of balance driveshaft. Ft. Wayne Clutch & Brakes in Ft. Wayne, IN
did a good job on mine, as no local shop could, or wanted to do the
work.
Using urethane rack mounts from BPNW solved the movement in my rack.
HTH,
Jim Davis
Fortson, GA
CF38690UO