Re: TR6 buying tips

To: "Paul Waite/Ontario/IBM" <pwaite@ca.ibm.com>, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR6 buying tips
From: "Michael Ferguson" <fergie@ntplx.net>
Date: Sun, 06 May 2001 13:19:36 -0400
Welcome to the List, Paul! Personally, I don't know much about the TR6, but
since you're looking at the car this afternoon and it sometimes takes longer
than that to get the answers you need from the List (not a criticism, it's
just that we don't all sit in front of our computers waiting for a question
to answer), I thought I'd at least point you to one source of information.

 The Vintage Triumph Register has a web site, http://www.vtr.org , with a
great deal of useful info. In your particular case, try
http://www.vtr.org/buyers-guide/index.html#models . It has basic TR hints as
well as model-specific stuff.

Many folks will tell you not to buy the first one you look at, or at least
not to buy it before you look at several others. Presumably, you get better
at it and learn more about what to look for. Some of us DO buy the first one
though...  :^)

In any case - GOOD LUCK.

Michael Ferguson
1959 TR3A  TS53990L...O
There is a very fine line between 'hobby' and 'mental illness.'...Dave Barry