IDEA FOR NEW RADIATOR PIPE

To: <rsuggitt@speedline.ca>
Subject: IDEA FOR NEW RADIATOR PIPE
From: "David Rogers" <dnja.rogers@bigpond.com.au>
Date: Mon, 7 May 2001 15:27:58 +1000
Cc: "Triumph Digest List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Rob,
    I had the same problem when I was restoring my TR4 a few years ago. My
friend gave me some advice which was great. Go down the nearest exhaust shop
and ask the guy if he will give you a bit of his excess/leftover exhaust
pipe of roughly the same diameter. Most of them have a bin of excess they
dispose of to the scrap dealers. If he is a good feller, he might cut it to
length then stick it in his bender and put the 20 degree bend in it for you.
I got mine for about $3. I primed it and painted it with POR15 and presto,
better than a NOS part. Better still, it looks original so any really picky
judges won't haul you over the coals for cheating!! (sic). Andy shouldn't
read this.

Dave Rogers
Canberra Australia