TR6 ign light & wiring questions

To: "'triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR6 ign light & wiring questions
From: "Boothroyd, Frank" <Frank.Boothroyd@northatlantic.nf.ca>
Date: Mon, 7 May 2001 09:51:05 -0230
Hi folks.

Truffles is almost ready to zoom - just the interior to finish and some
small glitches to sort out.  Such as this one:

The new Lucas sports coil I've put in doesn't seem to be doing the job.
It's only delivering around 25,000 (volts?  millivolts?) and should be
giving (I understand) 40,000.  Now before everyone laughs and says "bypass
the resistor wire", we have done that.

My mechanic wonders whether the spark plug wires may not be up to snuff.  I
would appreciate the wisdom of the list on this one.  Thanks.
Frank
73 TR6