Re: Inter-Marque Waving??? - Harley Davidson Owners

To: suhring@lancnews.infi.net, musson@chekhov.arts.usf.edu
Subject: Re: Inter-Marque Waving??? - Harley Davidson Owners
From: Chip19474@aol.com
Date: Mon, 7 May 2001 11:55:24 EDT
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
In a message dated 01-05-04 06:41:26 EDT, suhring@lancnews.infi.net writes:

<< The odd one that I have noticed over the years is that Harley
 riders tend to wave at the old Brit cars. >>

Scott and List:

I noticed that as well.....there's a Harley Club up the road from us - the
club does a lot of volunteer stuff for local charities and rides in our local
town's 4th of July parade.

I've struck up many conversations with the Harley owners - many have had LBCs
so waving to "us" comes natural to them.  More surprising is their
professional backgrounds - many are doctors, lawyers, etc - it's a hoot to
see these guys in "leathers", hair pieces, etc.

Chip

Chip Krout
'76 TR6 CF57822U (complete rolling chassis finished - busy painting various
interior parts, assembling the engine and still doing body prep - check out
my progress by visiting http://albums.photopoint.com/j/AlbumIndex?u=1270980)
'70 Spit Mk3  FDU78512L (winter covers off - she's on the road again!)