DCOE Plastic Float Shut Off Height

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: DCOE Plastic Float Shut Off Height
From: Don Clark <d@seanet.com>
Date: Mon, 7 May 2001 09:14:07 US/Pacific
Cc: 6pack@autox.team.net, d@seanet.com
I have a set of DCOEs on my TR6 that I have been trying to get set up
correctly for the last 2 months or so. Im getting closer to where I think that
they should be but still have a bit more messing to go until they are right.

Last night I was reading a book about DCOEs and it states that the shut off
height on the floats should be 7.5 mm. I know that mine are set to 14.5 mm and
got this setting from the local LBC speed shop in Seattle.

Is anyone with DCOEs running the plastic floats floats at 7.5 mm?

Does raising the float shut off height richen the fuel mixture at the idle air
jets or is this just folklore?

I know that I am getting close to the right jetting on the carbs because power
is up and so is the mileage. On a trip to Vancouver, B.C. from Seattle this
weekend the TR averaged 17mpg on the highway over 300 miles. This is a lot
better than the 10 mpg that it was getting before.

Thanks,
Don Clark
Seattle,
WA