Re: OD

To: "Triumph List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: OD
From: "Graham Stretch" <technical@iwnet.screaming.net>
Date: Mon, 7 May 2001 18:12:16 +0100
Hi Ronnie, Dave,
There is only one problem with rubber sheet from the plumbing centre, it
won't cope well with oil, unless it is synthetic rubber! This is unlikely as
water does not have the same effect so natural rubber is OK for most
plumbing applications. You may be ok for a while with rubber as the only
area in contact with the oil is going to be the inner edge of the ring but
eventually it will deteriorate right through the section of the rubber, then
leak like billyo!

Graham,
1967 1300 FWD
1968 2000 Saloon