Re: Spedi Sleeve for TR6 crankshaft.

Subject: Re: Spedi Sleeve for TR6 crankshaft.
From: Randall Young <randallyoung@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 07 May 2001 13:14:09 -0700
Cc: dstauffa@csc.com, Triumph <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Guys, I did not answer because I'm not certain the 6-cyl takes the same
sleeve as the 4-cyl.

Also, note that the listed sleeve should not be pushed all the way home
on the hub, as then it will be too short to reach the seal.  You have to
stop pushing when it gets to the right place.

When I Speedi=sleeved my TR3A, I just measured the OD of the hub sealing
surface, and looked that up in the catalog at my local NAPA store, then
bought the longest sleeve in that diameter.  Unfortunately I didn't save
the number, but it was longer than the sleeve listed for TR2-4.

Smear a little Loctite inside the sleeve, to ensure no oil can leak
between the sleeve and hub.  I used RC609, but ordinary 'blue' should
work fine.

Randall