Gas pooling at carbs

To: "David A. Templeton" <davidt@opentext.com>
Subject: Gas pooling at carbs
From: David Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Tue, 8 May 2001 14:43:14 -0400
Message text written by "David A. Templeton"
>Last night I took off the K&N's to clean them and noticed a small pool of
gas in the filter housing.  I had noticed a gas smell the day before.
Also,
it seems the spit has been having a hard time idling.  Almost like it is
flooding?!?!?  Are there any guesses to what this is and what to look into
to help diagnose this? This is a GT6 motor with twin Zenith Strombergs.
Stock intake and exaust manifolds & as staed before K&N air filters..
<

Dave, check the floats.  If you have debris in the float valve it may not
be able to close off causing this flooding.  Or maybe just a bad needle and
seat.

Good luck

Dave Massey
57 TR3