Re: TR4 - time to go? (time to upgrade?)

To: Triumph <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: TR4 - time to go? (time to upgrade?)
From: Steven Newell <steven@cravetechnology.com>
Date: Tue, 08 May 2001 11:13:56 -0600
Cc: Eric Conrad <conrade@qwest.net>
Eric Conrad wrote:

> Well, I guess Fred said it best.  If you want two opinions from those who
> have young children, talk with either Steve Newell (on this list), or
> myself.  Steve's decision is to keep the TR4, drive one child in it one way,
> switch with his wife who follows along, and then drive the other child back
> home.  Great solution....

Thanks, Eric, although in fairness, I sold several two-seaters when my
first boy was born in '97 -- a bugeye, CJ5 and CJ2A jeeps. And bought a
'72 BMW 2002, a "responsible family sedan" by comparison. But I did so
as part of a evil master plan to eventually get a Really Nice Convertible by
clearing out the crappy old cars while appearing to my wife to be
Remarkably Grown-up.

So in my case babies were an opportunity to upgrade. If I'd had my TR4
then I'd have never parted with it. Since then I've met too many people
who say "...I wish I'd kept that car." I bought the TR4 when my youngest
was 6 months old, which while surprising is not nearly as remarkable
as Eric's feat of restoring his car during their first pregnancy. I bow to
the master....

--
Steven Newell
Denver, CO