TR7 BFH Oil Transfer Casing

To: "INTERNET:Eganb@aol.com" <Eganb@aol.com>
Subject: TR7 BFH Oil Transfer Casing
From: David Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Wed, 9 May 2001 09:42:12 -0400
Cc: "[unknown]" <tr8@mercury.lcs.mit.edu>, "[unknown]" <british-cars@autox.team.net>, "[unknown]" <Triumphs@autox.team.net>
Message text written by INTERNET:Eganb@aol.com
>Any reason I couldn't drill and tap the third location, and use it to
screw
in a sender for an oil pressure gauge?

If that's not a good idea, I know some folks buy a "T" so that two senders
can share the single hole.  If that's preferable, can anybody point me to
where I could buy the "T"?<

Bruce, if you drill and tap it where will the metal shavings go?  The
problem is that there will be some that find their way into the engine and
you don't want that.  I would get a tee.  Take the oil pressure switch to a
hardware store and see if it isn't an NPT standard.  If so you can get what
you need there for a buck or two.

Cheers

Dave