Triumph theft protection (humour)

To: Triumph <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Triumph theft protection (humour)
From: Steven Newell <steven@cravetechnology.com>
Date: Wed, 09 May 2001 16:35:03 -0600
Like all jokes, this is neither new nor original. I modified the list
from a copy of "Why Farm Trucks are Never Stolen" that's going
around. In fact, though I'm familiar with the Ferguson tractor
connection, it was alarming how much we have in common with
old farm trucks. ;-)

1. They have a range of about 20 miles before they overheat, break
down, or run out of gas because the fuel gauge doesn't work.
2. Only the owner knows how to operate the door to get in or out.
3. It takes too long to start and the smoke coming from the engine
clouds your vision.
4. The clouded rear soft-top window makes it hard to see if you're
being chased. You can't use the mirrors because they're either
cracked, crazed, or mounted far away on the front fenders.
5. Who wants a car that needs a decade's worth of maintenance,
$3,000 in bodywork, taillights and a new soft-top.
6. It is hard to commit a crime with everyone waving at you.

--
Steven Newell
Denver, CO