Fuel shut-off installed

To: Triumph <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Fuel shut-off installed
From: Steven Newell <steven@cravetechnology.com>
Date: Thu, 10 May 2001 16:15:47 -0600
With another sediment bowl emptying on my to-do list for last weekend, I finally
tracked down a fuel shut-off valve to put inline prior to the fuel pump. I used
a Briggs & Stratton part from my local lawn mower repair shop -- as suggested by
a now-forgotten list member. The fellow didn't have one in stock, but referenced
a giant parts book that puts Triumph parts catalogs to shame. Got it the next
day, under $5.

It's a short valve, but there isn't much room to spare. Still, it doesn't appear
to be pinching the line, and it's much better and safer than my previous
approach of vice-gripping the line shut. Sorry, no part number available, but
there are only a couple types available, and there was only one that could
possibly work in that catalog.

--
Steven Newell
Denver, CO